Friday, January 27, 2012

And the Winner Is....

Did you hear?  The Oscar Nominees have been released, for our viewing pleasure!  This year the Oscars will be shown on February 26 at 10pm Brazilian Time.

Just a little tip, you CAN watch the Oscars without the horrible horrible dubbing.  If you're watching on cable, you just have to press the SAP button (we have Net, so it's the green audio button).

Why am I so excited about the Oscars?  Why, because I am planning my umpteenth annual Oscars party, that's why!  In Brazil, it will be the second annual, but many an Oscars party I have attended in my life.  This year however, is the first year I've been so ahead of the game.

My goal this year is to watch every single nominated film before the Oscars.  That way I'll even be able to participate in the crappy categories, like Best Sound Mixing or Best Short Film - Live Action (what the hell is that??)  Point is, I want to make this a good party and that means you gotta know your product.

I usually like to make voting cards so that everyone can vote for who they think will win.  This year I'm even gonna take it up a notch and bring betting into the mix.  That, or I"ll make it a drinking game.  Depends on how broke we are.

It is also necessary to dress up for an Oscars' party, in your best Oscars attire.  In grade 9 I wore my middle school prom dress, for example.  This year, I'll prob go with a short dress but maybe add some gloves or feathers?  Feathers always mean fancy.  (or tacky, but at your do-it-yourself Oscars party you can afford to be a little tacky!)

So, anyone else like to participate in these award shows?  Or having theme parties in general?  If you read my blog, you already know I'm a fan of themed parties.  They make me happy, and that's what it's all about, folks.

Happy movie watching!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome goal and party plans! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to do a card, too. It's fun to guess...and it'll only be 8pm here!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...