Monday, September 28, 2009

I heart things that make me feel good

I came into work on Saturday feeling like I was preeeettttty much ready to die. I was working for the 6th day in a row and it was my 60th hour of work that week. I felt like I needed a real rest.
I phoned this place asking desperately if I could be seen that day and they amazingly fit me in for BOTH a massage and a facial. As if I even had the money available for that but I might have been a little bit delirious at that point. Either way.
Maybe it was the fact that I was beyond stressed. Maybe it was the instant zen-like space they provided. Maybe the staff have magic hands. I don't know. Whatever the reason - it was the best massage and facial I have EVER had x 100. It wasn't just the quality of the services either - it was the details too. Relaxing in the jacuzzi tub beforehand. The massage room lighting and sensory explosion of smell and sound. They put a towel over my eyes just to make things extra comfortable. The fact that after my massage was done, the masseuse let me know that I could just relax there until the lady came to provide me with the facial which meant uninterrupted bliss for 2 entire hours.
Anyway, I am obviously still feeling pretty excellent and this all happened 2 days ago. How can such a simple thing make me feel so good? There are several random things I just want to declare as being important to me (and good for my overall well-being).
1. Taking time for mental relaxation (ie. yoga, massage, bike ride on nice day, walking by water, etc.)
2. Health and fitness
3. Constant learning (in a classroom setting and of a specific topic)

Possibly the most random post ever...?? On the note of constant learning - I am continuing my Portuguese classes this week and I am pumped about it. So happy that I am preparing myself and trying to take on my biggest worry with moving. I have this dream in my head of the relationships I'm going to develop with Ro's family... I don't know if they might be a little bit wishful but whenever I fantasize (yes, I often make up fantasy situations in my head that can get pretty specific and lengthy) I come up with some pretty clear images of how I hope things are.

Please prepare yourself for a total stream of consciousness here: I have images of me feeling 100% comfortable in the house, getting ready to go somewhere(??), calling his mom "mae" (literally calling for her through the house), also, calling for his sister through the house (for some reason I feel like this calling for people through the house denotes a level of total comfortability?), working out with his sister, trading music with her, I picture her listening to my ipod and hearing the music I have on there and she likes it. Somehow I have more expectations of connecting with De than his mom. Maybe this is normal but I've never been in a relationship where my partner has a sister (aside from last one but I only met her twice). It's an area that I feel like I need to be strong - to have a sister close to me. I will really really miss my sister when I am away and somehow, really badly, hope that I can have that sisterly relationship with her to ease the pain of missing my own sister.
Now I'm a little teary so I'm going to stop writing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...